Open Source Headless CMS
CrafterCMS is an open source headless CMS (written in Java/Spring) for enterprise-grade websites and other content-driven digital experiences, especially those that are high-performance, large-scale, and ultra-secure. An API-first, truly decoupled CMS built around a Git-based content repository that supports efficient DevContentOps processes, enabling developers, content authors, and ops to work seamlessly together and deliver modern sites and apps faster and easier than ever before.
Build Your Content App
Work locally and in teams using Git-based versioning, an API-first development platform, and support for your favorite languages, tools and processes.
Author Your Content
Define rich content models with drag and drop tools. Provide a beautiful, in-context authoring and preview experience to content authors.
Deliver any kind of digital experience with blazing fast performance. Scale deployments elastically to meet any demand.
Fun for Developers
Build modern digital experience apps with your favorite tools, languages, frameworks, and continuous DevOps processes.
Freedom of UI
- CrafterCMS dynamically renders markup and/or serves content via API. Use any front end framework you like on top of it's API-first headless content server: React, Angular, Vue, Bootstrap, your choice.
- CrafterCMS offers a native GraphQL server support that dynamically manages your schema and is blazing fast. Quickly build content-enabled applications in any programming language using one of today's most popular data access web service architecture.
Native Git Support
- Work locally with your IDE, while working in teams with Git-based branching and workflow. Integrate with your favorite Git-based tools - Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, whatever.
Manage Content, Code and Configuration
- CrafterCMS's Git-based repository enables you to version, workflow and publish content; manage content, code and configuration together in once place.
Powerful Content APIs
- Embedded Groovy scripting engine enables you to extend CrafterCMS's native APIs, build your own APIs, shape API responses to match exactly what your app needs, and more.
- CrafterCMS's shared-nothing architecture helps developers build elastically scalable, globally distributable content applications.
Simple for DevOps
Deploy and manage digital experience sites and apps in production without hassle.
- DevOps can now move any development effort from its isolated branch through testing environments and out to production via automation at the push of a button. "Git Push."
- DevOps can now boot up new environments with any version of a project’s content - including the latest production content - in an instant. "Git Pull."
Integrate with Automation
- Built in API support for your DevOps automation and process. Integrate with your favorite CI/CD tools with no need to change automation processes.
- Quickly and easily scale your delivery infrastructure with CrafterCMS's elastic, shared-nothing content delivery architecture.
Easy for Authors
User friendly authoring tools allow content managers to create and manage content for engaging end user experiences.
Web-based content management tools
- Easy to use content authoring that includes live preview, in-context editing, drag/drop experience building, and of course versioning, scheduling, workflow and publishing.
In-context Editing and Drag/Drop Experiences
- User friendly graphical editing for all types of digital experiences, including SPAs, PWAs, as well as templated sites.
Versioning and Workflow
- Powerful Git-based versioning and auditing of both code and content. Flexible publishing workflow - immediate, scheduled, or upon review/approval.
Work Without Interruption From IT
- Integrated DevOps and deployment processes that allow content authors to work without interruption during code deployments, QA, etc. DevContentOps at its finest.